Trusted Sources of information

Trusted Sources

This website is home to the Insolvency Service, which is the government agency responsible for resolving insolvencies within the United Kingdom. Their website will allow one to find information on the several options that one may take to resolve a insolvency, such as bankruptcy, debt relief orders (DROs), and individual voluntary agreements (IVAs), as well one's requirements for eligibility of each. The Service's site also provides a searchable database for individual insolvencies on record as well as statistics showing the number of insolvencies annually within the Kingdom. Finally, the site provides contact information for the Service as well as for the insolvency practitioner, who handles all DROs and IVAs, and the official register, which handles bankruptcies.
This is the official website of the British Parliament's section on laws passed on resolving an insolvency within the Kingdom. The site provides links on information on the process of absolving corporate insolvencies as well as detailing on how a DRO works. The website also details the role of a trustee in a bankruptcy dealing and an employee’s right during a corporate insolvency. Any updates to the United Kingdom’s insolvency laws will also be posted to the site as well.

This website is the official site from Her Majesty’s (HM) Government for citizens to inquire about the Crown’s public services concerning insolvencies. It has detailed articles that explain about the various ways a citizen can manage his or her debt. If one cannot manage it, then the website explains the various ways one can resolve his or her insolvency: DRO, IVA, bankruptcy, and a fast-track voluntary agreement. The website also provides contact information to various government agencies, such as HM Treasury, if one has questions that can be answered on the website.
This section of the website of the Insolvency Service details the requirements for a company owner to resolve his or her firm's insolvency through a company voluntary agreement (CVA). The agreement is like an IVA except it has more stringent requirements for British firms.
This website details the changes made by the Enterprise Act of 2002 to the Insolvency Act of 1986. These details are provided by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), a British government agency created to enforce consumer protection and antitrust laws. The site also provides links to the official receivers who administers corporate bankruptcies.
This website is home to the Insolvency Practitioners' Association (IPA), a private organisation which is authorized under the Insolvency Act of 1986 to licence insolvency practitioners (IPs) that handle IVAs and DROs. The site also provides a link where one can search for an individual IP's licence as well file a complaint against an IP. If one wishes to inquire about the rules and regulation that must be upheld by an IP, he or she can a link for that on the website as well.
This website details how the Company Act of 2006 has made changes to the Insolvency Act of 1986 that concerns British firms. The site, run by the Department of Business and Innovation Skills (BIS) for HM Government, also provides forms, statistics, and surveys that one can use at his or her disposal. Finally, the site details ways a company can combat fraud that can help stave it from becoming insolvent in the future.
This online portal from the Department of Enterprise, Trade, and Investment (DETI) allows to access information about resolving insolvencies for individuals and firms in a similar fashion to the Insolvency Service's website. The site also details other avenues a company may avoid an insolvency, such as a corporate liquidation. The portal also lists current legislative changes as well as more details about the requirements to make one eligible for a DRO.
This website is home to HM Land Registry, which registers all deeds and land sales performed within the United Kingdom. The Registry is also home to the Land Charges Department, which also registers bankruptcy petitions and orders associated with property owners. This is the department one would go to for the courts to issue an annulment of one's bankruptcy if he or she wishes to not pursue the option. The Registry's contact information is listed on the site.

This site by the Insolvency Service details the requirements for one to receive an annulment for one's bankruptcy proceedings and where to receive one. The website is very detailed and simply worded so that the average Briton can understand what he or she would need to do to resolve a bankruptcy. The site also lists the contact information for the Land Charges Department, which registers bankruptcy petitions for HM Government.

Post a comment